Now Hiring: Little Lamb Books Fall Internships 2020
An internship at Little Lamb Books provides an opportunity to work inside an independent trade publishing house and learn some of the behind-the-scenes details that moves a children’s book from manuscript to finished product. Our need for one or more interns varies based on our book production cycle, promotion plans, and sales needs. Each of our internships, regardless of area of study, is 10 – 12 weeks and can occur locally or remotely in either the summer, fall or spring. Each program is focused on one of the following areas: editorial, marketing, publicity, and sales, however, all interns will receive a broad taste of the publishing process during their program.
Here’s what you need to know:
Our fall and spring internship programs are 12-week programs with flexible start and end dates in their respective seasons. For both, interns are scheduled to work 15 hours (3 days) per week.
These opportunities are open to current undergraduate students (sophomore year or above), grad students, and graduates and will be posted to our website on an as needed basis during the following times:
- Fall internship: Late July/Early August
- Spring internship: Mid-December/Early January
Our summer internship program is a 10-week program which runs from early June through mid-August. All interns work Tuesday through Thursday, for a total of 15 hours per week. As a Little Lamb Books intern, you will communicate with our authors, assist in team building, interact with vendors and retailers, and learn about the various pieces of the publishing process. We encourage all of our interns to make the most of the program and look forward to building lasting relationships within the publishing industry.
Summer internship opportunities are posted on our website in January/February, and they are open to rising seniors, grad students, and graduates.
General Intern Qualifications:
- A strong desire to learn more about the book publishing industry
- Must LOVE to Read and have strong interest in children’s/young adult literature.
- Involvement in school activities/jobs relating to book publishing
- Creative Thinking and Independent Self-starter
- Detail-oriented & Dependable
- Energetic & positive attitude
- General admin/office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including being a strong speller and excellent proofreader.
- Analytical/critical eye with an ability to provide a concise opinion in writing (in other words- form an educated opinion.).
- Working knowledge and skills within Microsoft and Adobe programs, plus experience with internet-based applications, including Canva, GoodReads, Hootsuite, and MailChimp.
- Working toward or completed undergraduate or graduate degree in English, Creative Writing, Communication, Journalism, Business, or related field preferred.
If interested in applying or if you’d like further information, please send your resume and separate cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will choose you on your cover letter as much as your resume. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include your contact information, any relevant social media and/or web links, and the city/state where you reside.
The 2020 Fall Application deadline is: September 4, 2020
Little Lamb Books is an award-winning, faith-based publisher of elementary, middle grade, and young adult fiction and non-fiction. Our titles include picture books, chapter books, and novels in various genres. As a small trade publisher, we are a fast growing company that offers opportunities to learn firsthand about the different aspects of the publishing industry within the Christian Booksellers Association market. Interns are not entitled or guaranteed employment upon the completion of the internship. However, at the completion of the internship, performance review will be given, a reference or letter of recommendation may be requested, and a small stipend may be provided.