We’re Turning Three!
It’s Here! WAHOOO! Our 3rd Birthday is here! It’s time to celebrate!
hobby child business turning three is such a fun because we can reflect on the growth in our physical presence, our social interactions, our vocabulary and industry knowledge, and our confidence in the products that we create.
- We’ve posted over 220 blog posts. It’s not a daily blog, but that’s quite a bit of writing, y’all!
- We’ve traveled to over 10 different conferences and trade shows in places like St. Louis, North Carolina, Austin, Chicago, and New York City. It’s been a whirlwind!
- We grew our social media reach from zero to 434 FB Friends, 704 Twitter Followers, 217 Instagram Admirers, and 597 Pinterest Viewers. WOW! Just WOW!
- We signed eight mahhhhvelously talented authors: Shelly Roark, Amberly Kristen Clowe, Jason C. Joyner, Jean Petersen, Jean Matthew Hall, Janet Christensen, Michelle Medlock Adams, and Darlo Gemeinhardt. Check out their websites and get to know them better!
- We hired our first two interns! Megan and Alyssa were awesome and we miss them as they return to college!
- We produced one picture book (The Bubble Who Would Not POP! by Shelly Roark), one chapter book (Teeny Sweeney and the Mustache Cash by Amberly Kristen Clowe), one young adult novel (Launch, Rise of the Anointed by Jason C. Joyner). Each book is fabulous and entertaining, and you should own them!
- We have hosted six #FaithPitch events, the Twitter Pitch Party exclusively for faith-based fiction. From this event over a dozen authors have found representation with literary agencies and publishing houses. We love hosting this three times a year!
- We won FOUR (yes, that’s FOUR) Awards in our first year of production, including a Gold 2018 Illumination Award, Silver and Gold 2018 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards, and Gold in the Wright Awards hosted by the North Carolina Christian Writers Conference. What amazing gifts from our Heavenly Father!!!
So, you may be asking yourself, like we have been for the past few months…how do we top all that we’ve been blessed to accomplish so far?
Well, that’s a really good question, and while we’ll still be traveling and teaching (see our schedule for 2019), producing terrific fiction, and partnering with more authors next year, there are four new gifts we’d like to share on our birthday.
1. A New Website
With technology constantly changing, we knew it was time for an update. We love the spunky and colorful vibe of our website, so we kept our personality, and of course our color scheme, but we added a few new things, including a book store and a freebie shop, and cleaned up all our pages to be more informative and easy to navigate. We hope you love it as much as we do!
2. A New Tagline
When we first started Little Lamb Books, we had a simple tagline: “Give a New Book. Create a Fresh Story. Inspire a Strong Faith.” Those three phrases gave us goals to reach as we launched our company, and, they are still important to the end results we look for in our line of books. However, as we looked ahead to the future, we knew we needed to find a phrase that encompassed our mission and goals while truly sharing our heart’s desire. After much research and discussion, we had writer’s block (anyone else been there?!). Then, as God would have it, our new phrase arrived in the middle of the night-no pomp and circumstance, just a simple phrase. The new tagline is … “Shepherding the Next Generation of Faithful Readers”, and it totally embodies the legacy we are creating.
3. A New Imprint
Yep, you it heard here first. We are launching a new publishing house, a hybrid, called Bright Sun Press and we couldn’t be more thrilled to open our doors in November 2018. Bright Sun Press will be a premiere, full-service, children’s hybrid publishing company that will connect authors with a home base for publishing guidance, editing support, professional distribution, and marketing for personal and professional projects. Stay tuned for more information soon!
4. A New Course
We love meeting authors all over the country who want to write for kids. However, with only 24 hours in a day and not enough time in the year to travel to every conference we’d like to attend, we have decided it was time to put together a special course focused specifically on writing children’s fiction. The ABCs of Writing KidLit will launch in 2019 and we can’t wait to get it into your hands.
YEAR THREE has been amazing and blessed beyond our hopes and dreams, and we love celebrating this birthday! We also can’t wait to see what doors God opens and the connections He continues to make for us as we move into the next year! Mostly, we want to say THANK YOU! Thank you for cheering us on, following our journey, purchasing our titles, and supporting our authors! We think you, dear fans and readers, are the best gift we could ever be given!
Happy 3rd Birthday to Us!
Founder & Publisher