Top 10 List Begins
Are you an avid reader? We are! So much so that we actually have a contest going to see who can read the most books by the end of the year. Of course, this also means we have quite a few favorites lining our bookshelves (yes, that’s bookshelves plural!).
To kick off our book lists for the year, we thought we’d start with a Top Ten list of favorite classics from the 19th century, books we read as a kid or teen. Now, this is not an all-encompassing list by any stretch of the imagination, but we like to think of it as our very first list of favorite book titles. Did we include any of yours?
- Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss, 1812
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, pere, 1844
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, 1865
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, 1868
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne, 1870
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, 1877
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri, 1884
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, 1894
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, 1873
- Treasure Island by Johann David Wyss, 1883