#FaithPitch News (Updated May 2018)
We are getting excited about our latest #FaithPitch event happening Thursday, June 28, 2018!
events of the year!
What is #FaithPitch?
#FaithPitch is a one-day Twitter Pitch Party specifically hosted for authors to pitch their latest and greatest faith-based, Christian Fiction manuscript directly to industry professionals using #FaithPitch.
Who Can Participate?
This event is open to writers of juvenile, young adult and adult fiction with completed and edited manuscripts that are unpublished and specifically for the Christian Fiction/Inspirational market.
When Is The Next Event(s)?
We host #FaithPitch three times a year. The next two dates are:
>Thursday, June 28, 2018
>Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Where Do I Post Pitches?
#FaithPitch takes place on Twitter, where everyone has 280-characters (or less) to pitch their manuscript!
Why Should I Participate?
A Twitter Pitch Party is a terrific opportunity for unpublished, unagented writers to possibly skip the slush pile with a completed manuscript and receiving feedback. We know that the Christian Fiction industry, which is narrow just by definition, can be hard to find representation.
How Do I Make the Most of This Opportunity?
Good Question. Here are some basic guidelines:
- Tweet pitches only for finished, edited, and unpublished manuscripts.
- You may only tweet an individual pitch 4 times per manuscript (up to 4 different manuscripts) every two (2) hours during the event. Create variations of your pitch (Twitter now blocks tweets exactly the same). You can’t pitch the same story more than 4 times between 8am-8pm CST (9am-9pm EST).
- Your pitch can now be 280-Characters or less (Thanks Twitter!), including the contest hashtag #FaithPitch as well as the correct hashtags for your genre and age group. The hashtag (#) is necessary because it organizes the pitches by category for those monitoring the Twitter feed looking for specific types of books.
- While we are accepting pitches for all age groups, we are specific about the genres that we accept, so to be sure your type of manuscript is being accepted, please review the hashtag list in the right sidebar.
- Do NOT Attach Photos/Graphics, unless it’s an illustration for a Picture Book. No Ads. Your pitch will be deleted if it has images that do not belong.
- Hearts=Favorites and are to only be used by the industry pros when they desire to see more from an author. You can retweet (RT) with a comment to show support of a friend or a particular pitch.
- If you receive a heart (favorite/like) by an agent or editor, research them prior to sending your query. Do your due diligence, check the company submissions guidelines, and make sure they’re legitimate BEFORE you send a reply to someone requesting your work. You don’t have to submit to anyone if you don’t want to work with them.
- Please be professional and polite in all interactions with each other and all professionals always (even if you decide to not query a pro). Be aware that we will not tolerate rudeness or unkindness at any time to anyone participating.
- Do not tweet agents or publishers directly unless they reach out to you first. Some will post their submission guidelines early or the day of, and some will tell you when they favorite your tweet what they want, but if you don’t see it listed, follow the guidelines posted on their website.
- Be sure to include “#FaithPitch Request:TITLE” in the subject line when you email them your requested material…unless they ask for something different.
- There may be spam popping up on our hashtag during the day. If you see anyone abusing our feed, please report it to Twitter AND notify us right away.
- If you can’t participate the day of the event, utilize Hootesuite,Coschedule, Tweetdeck, etc. to schedule your pitches into the feed.
Hi! Howdy! Hello! Welcome to #FaithPitch! All literary agents and acquiring editors of faith-based fiction, whether for kids or adults, are welcome to participate. Here’s a few notes on participating this year:
>You can find our pitches by searching for #FaithPitch on Twitter. You can also include age category or genre hashtags to narrow your search. To exclude a hashtag, put a minus (-) in front of it.
>Be sure to click the “Latest” tab if you’re searching on Twitter, to see all tweets in real-time.
>Whether you favorite one or more than one submission, please relay your submission guidelines using our hashtag. This way authors know who you are, when you arrive, and how to query you.
>You can let authors know you’re interested by clicking the Like (Heart/Favorite) button on individual tweets/pitches.
>If the day gets away from you, you are always welcome to make requests after the event ends or even the next day or two.
>If you sign an author, please let us know so we can celebrate you both!
Extra Information For Everyone
1) We did not create this concept nor are we the only pitch party out there. There are many opportunities popping up each week (#PitMad, #PBPitch, #SFFPit, #IWSGPit, etc.) for you to share your best “elevator pitches” for your manuscripts, whether faith-based or not. #FaithPitch is an additional tool for your author toolbox.
2) #FaithPitch is for faith-based fiction. Most of what is found here is Christian fiction, and the majority of our agents and editors are looking exclusively for authors whose stories stem from a biblically-founded worldview. However, there will be many perspectives from various denominations, ethnicities, and points-of-view even within this niche. We remain dedicated to hosting a positive and respectful event.
3) We cannot guarantee who follows us during an event. Authors and Pros will come and go as schedules allow. We invite at least 50-100 industry professionals for each of our online events, but the agents and editors that we invite may very well be busy that day and unable to join us. Or, some are closed to queries. Or, some are not looking for what you are currently offering in a specific genre or category. However, many do participate and we have had numerous success stories. In addition, quite a few have let us know that they browse our feed a few days after the event when time permits to see what is available.
4) This online-only event will take place on Twitter via the hashtag #FaithPitch. Our Twitter feed @Faith_Pitch is a good place to ask questions prior to or during the event and where we’ll share up-to-the minute news too, including the start and finish of the event.
We hope events like this will open the door for new voices to be heard and find a home for their stories, characters, and dreams.
You can help spread the word by sharing this information on your favorite social media format as well as with those in your writing groups, book clubs, conference classes, and inner circles that might be interested in participating.
If you don’t see a genre or if you have any event questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#BB : Board Book
#PB : Picture Book
#C : Children’s
#CB : Chapter Book
#ER : Early Reader
#MG : Middle Grade
#YA : Young Adult
#NA : New Adult
#A : Adult
#AC : Action
#AD : Adventure
#CY : Comedy
#CON : Contemporary
#CR : Contemporary Romance
#FT: Fairy Tale
#GN : Graphic Novel
#HM : Humor
#HF : Historical Fiction
#HR : Historical Romance
#INSPY : Inspirational
#LF : Literary Fiction
#M : Mystery
#MC : Multi-Cultural
#ML : Military
#R : Romance
#RS : Romantic Suspense
#S : Suspense
#SF : SciFi
#SH : Superhero
#SP : Steampunk
#SPF: Speculative Fiction
#STEM : Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
#UF: Urban Fantasy
#W : Westerns
#WF: Womens Fiction